Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sam Baptism- "Sam did such a great job...he didn't even cry." Heidi Coughenour











Godparents: Todd and Leigh Coughenour





Sam was baptized last Sunday morning at St. Bart's in North Augusta. We have committed to raise both our children in the Christian faith with the help of our family and friends. Sam did such a great job. Tim did a great job holding his breath while I put his son in his christening gown. He said that would be the first and final gown for his son. Ha! I held Heidi the whole time so she could see so that is why I am missing from the picture or you can't see Heidi and I because we were beside Father Thompson. You can see my hand in one picture. Heidi said ,"Mommy...Sam didn't even cry." She was really worried about what they were doing to him. She is a protective big sister. It was such a sweet ceremony and really bitter sweet for me since we are done adding to our family. Heidi really had a good understanding what was going on and was excited for Sam to be committed to being watched over by God in addition to her watching over him like a hawk. She made sure to watch from far enough back though and kept telling me to protect her because she did not want to be baptized again with the water because she had already done that when she was a baby. She said all of the "I do's" in unison with the congregation. Awww!!! Tim and I are so thankful for our family and friends.




1 comment:

MG said...

So glad Sam didn't even cry! Sorry we couldn't come to his baptism. Looks like it was a beautiful ceremony.